- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tamarind concentrate
- 1-1/4 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-3/4 lbs pork fillets
- 3-1/2 oz watercress, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion (6 oz), thinly sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers (9 oz), seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow pepper (7 oz), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (3 oz) roasted unsalted cashews
- Combine honey, tamarind, ginger, and garlic in small bowl. Combine pork with a third of the honey mixture in medium bowl.
- Cook pork on heated oiled grill pan (or grill or barbecue) until browned all over and cooked as desired. Cover; stand 10 minutes, then thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients with half the remaining honey mixture in medium bowl.
- Drizzle remaining honey mixture over pork; serve with salad.
Nutritional Count Per Serving: 451 calories; 14.1 g total fat (3.2 g saturated fat); 29.9 g carbohydrate; 4.3 g fiber; 49.6 g protein
More from Allergy-Free Cooking for Kids• Zucchini, Olive & Tomato Polenta Fingers Recipe • Sticky Date Cakes Recipe with Orange Caramel Sauce
Reprinted with permission from Allergy Free Cooking for Kids © 2014 by Sterling Epicure, an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. Photography by ACP Magazines Limited and is reproduced with permission.
Wondering what to serve your family? Turn to Allergy-Free Cooking for Kids (Sterling Epicure, 2014) to find tasty, kid-friendly recipes that are free of allergens. Pamela Clark has organized dishes into three sections—dairy-free, gluten-free and egg-free—which cover every meal from breakfast and dinner to snack and desserts. The following recipe for Glazed Pork is a great gluten-free dinner that everyone can enjoy.
This recipe is also dairy-free and egg-free.