Detox Salad Recipe with Cilantro Dressing
For the Cilantro Sensation Dressing
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed flax seed oil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch unrefined sea salt
- Large handful fresh cilantro
- Handful fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon unpasteurized honey
For the Salad
- 2 cups leafy greens of your choice (spring mix, romaine lettuce, butter lettuce, etc.)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small beet, grated
- Handful raw or roasted, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- Blend all dressing ingredients together until smooth in a blender or use a hand blender in a jar. (Refrigerate extra dressing in a lidded jar and eat within a few days.)
- Assemble leafy greens, grated carrot and beet on a large plate or bowl. Top with dressing and a handful of pumpkin seeds.
Learn more about this healthful herb in How to Grow, Harvest and Use Cilantro.
Adapted with permission from the book Weekend Wonder Detox by Michelle Schoffro Cook, Ph.D., ROHP.
While this salad contains many detoxifying ingredients, you’ll enjoy it whether you’re interested in cleansing or not. It’s delicious and takes less than 10 minutes to make, even with the homemade dressing.