Unbaked Coconut Cacao Bites
Content sponsored by Free State Oils
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts (I used raw, but you can use roasted and salted too.)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon (120 mg) Free State Oils 500mg CBD Tincture
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut or cocoa powder, unsweetened
- Place the macadamia nuts in your high-speed blender and process for a few minutes until you get a thick paste.
- Add in the melted coconut oil and CBD oil. Process a bit more until you get a thick but smooth macadamia nut butter. If needed, add a bit more coconut oil until you get the texture required.
- In a large bowl, combine the macadamia paste, almond flour, unsweetened shredded coconut, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract and mix until you get a cookie dough texture.
- Fold in the cacao nibs until they are evenly distributed.
- Scoop one tablespoon of dough and roll it into a small ball between your palms. You should be able to get 10 -12 Free State Oils CBD balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to a month.
Makes 10-12 (approx. 10mg per ball)
CBD has been in the media a lot these past few months. Numerous news outlets and publications are reporting on both the potential benefits and legality of CBD as well as testing products for consumers.
Many people use CBD to help with anxiety, chronic pain relief, stress, ADHD, fibromyalgia, arthritis and many other medical issues with favorable results.
Full Spectrum vs. Isolate
Full spectrum CBD offers over 100 cannabinoids including CBD, CBC, CBG and CBN. Full-spectrum CBD also has over 60 terpenes, the oils and resins that also contribute to CBD’s efficacy.
CBD isolate is the isolated cannabinoid of cannabis only, which alone can be beneficial, however, full-spectrum offers a greater potential for overall benefit.
What’s my Dose?
Each person needs different levels of CBD due to physiology, metabolism and particular health issues. Below are directions on finding your individual “Sweet Spot.”
We suggest you start with 10 mg twice a day, morning and night. You should put the oil under your tongue and hold it for 60+ seconds for best and quickest absorption.
4 Day Evaluation Plan
To begin: take 10 mg twice daily for 4 days.
On day 5 evaluate how you are feeling. If you feel great, then stick with the 10 mg twice a day dose.
If you are experiencing improved health, but feel it could be better, add an additional 5-10 mg per dose for the next 4 days. When you find that you are feeling optimal health benefits stick with that dose for 2-3 months. CBD is not something to which you grow a tolerance. As your state of health improves over time, you may find that you can actually take less and still reap the maximum health benefits.
Many people are starting to experiment at home with making their own CBD edibles. Free State Oils tinctures and Water-Soluble CBD can be used in numerous yummy treat recipes. Subscribe to Free State Oils newsletter and watch for more CBD recipes.