- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2-1/4 lbs carrots, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 inch piece of ginger, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons bouillon powder
- 5-1/8 cups boiling water
- In a medium-sized pan, heat the coconut oil and sauté the onion and garlic gently for 2-3 minutes until soft.
2. Add the carrots, celery, turmeric, lime zest, and ginger and continue to sauté for a further 2 minutes.
3. Dissolve the bouillon powder in boiling water, stir well, and add to the pan. Simmer over medium heat until you can crush the carrot with the back of a spoon.
4. Transfer the contents of the pan to a high-speed blender and process until velvety smooth. Lastly, stir though the lime juice and serve.
Tip: Just before blending try adding a tablespoon of coconut oil for an extra creamy texture.
More from Alkaline Cleanse:• Carrot Noodles with Avocado Dressing Recipe
• Sweet Potato and Fennel Seed Rosti Recipe
• Spicy Tofu Balls Recipe
Reprinted with permission from Alkaline Cleanse by Natasha Corrett and published by Sterling Epicure, 2016. Photos by Lisa Linder. Buy this book from our store: Alkaline Cleanse.
Alkaline Cleanse (Sterling Epicure, 2016) by Natasha Corrett helps readers ditch processed and sugary foods for good! Included are four different cleansing plans from a weekend of juices and smoothies all the way to a 28 day life changing cleanse. All the dishes included avoid acid-causing meats, dairy, wheat and refined sugar. Corrett’s goal is to help readers nourish naturally and get rid of toxins in no time!
You can purchase this book from the Mother Earth Living store: Alkaline Cleanse.
Carrots are a wonderful source of vitamin C and also naturally sweet and delicious. The turmeric is brilliant at boosting the immune system and can be antiviral. So all in all, this is probably one of the healthiest soups that will warm you up and keep you nourished.