Makes 12 ounces
This rinse works best on blond or light-brown hair.
• 2 cups water
• 1 ⁄4 cup chopped rhubarb stalks
• 2 tablespoons dried chamomile flowers
1. Place all ingredients in small saucepan and gently heat until boiling.
2. Remove from heat and allow to steep until cool. Strain off all solids and pour into a clean container.
3. To use: Massage into clean, damp hair has a final rinse. Do not rinse.
Janice Cox recently co-authored a book with her daughter Lauren Cox, EcoBeauty—Scrubs, Rubs, Masks, and Bath Bombs for You and Your Friends (Ten Speed Press, 2009). Look for it in bookstores nationwide.
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Herbal Hair Rinses .