Makes 2 cups
During menopause, women can suffer hot flushes, night sweats and a lack of energy and interest. This tea will help the energy levels. I also would recommend a diet high in soy (tofu, miso soup, tempeh and non-genetically modified soy milk), foods rich in phytoestrogens, and real licorice or licorice tea.
- 2 teaspoons dried red clover
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed hops
- 1 teaspoon dried black cohosh root
- 2 cups boiling water
- Put red clover, hops and black cohosh in a warmed ceramic or glass teapot.
- Add boiling water, cover and let steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain and drink 1 cup every 3 to 4 hours.
Story, recipes and photos (unless otherwise noted) excerpted with permission from Healthy Teas by Tammy Safi, © Lansdowne Publishing, 2002, available in North America through Tuttle Publishing.
Click here for the original article, Spring to Life with Tea.