Use this effective infused oil to help heal wounds or soothe sore muscles.
• Fresh St. John’s wort flowers
• Enough olive, apricot or almond oil to cover
1. Cut flowers when buds are just beginning to open and stuff into a Mason jar.
2. Add enough oil to cover herbs.
3. Cover the top with cheesecloth and hold in place with a rubber band (do not cover with a lid). The cheesecloth keeps out bugs and allows moisture to evaporate.
4. Place in a sunny spot outdoors or a sunny window. Stir daily, making sure herbs remain covered with oil.
5. In about 2 weeks, the oil will turn red thanks to one of the herb’s chemical ingredients, and the process is complete. Strain through cheesecloth into a clean, dry jar. Store in the refrigerator. Apply to wounds and sore muscles as needed.
Learn more about treating minor injuries, naturally, inBuilding Your Natural First-Aid Kit: Herbal Skin Healers.