Yarrow Anti-wrinkle Skin Refresher Cream
Why use wrinkle creams that are full of toxic chemicals and cost a fortune, when you can make your own that are much better for your skin and overall health? Some people experience skin irritation from yarrow, so it’s a good idea to test this cream on an inconspicuous area, such as the inside of your wrist, and wait at least 48 hours before using on your face.
- 2 teaspoons dried yarrow flowers and leaves, or 4 teaspoons fresh yarrow flowers and leaves 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sweet almond oil or apricot kernel oil
- 2 tablespoons shaved beeswax
- Boil water and pour it over yarrow. Cover mixture and let brew for 10 to 20 minutes. Strain out yarrow, reserving yarrow-infused water. Set aside.
- Pour oil into a Pyrex measuring cup and add beeswax. Set measuring cup in a saucepan of water that reaches about halfway up the side of the measuring cup. Heat mixture until beeswax melts, then immediately remove measuring cup from heat. Allow to cool for a minute or two, but not longer, as the beeswax will begin to harden.
- Pour yarrow-infused water into a blender, cover, and begin blending on high speed. With blender running, slowly pour beeswax mixture through the hole in the blender lid. The mixture will begin to thicken after about three-quarters of the beeswax has been incorporated.
- Once beeswax is fully blended, immediately pour lotion into a 16-ounce glass jar or two 8-ounce glass jars. Use a spatula to remove any remaining cream from the blender. The cream lasts about 3 months and is bestkept in the refrigerator.
Makes approximately 1-3/4 cups.
Check out more body care recipes:
Treat Sensitive Teeth With Activated Charcoal
Naturally, care for your teeth using activated charcoal with these mouthwash and toothpaste recipes you can make at home.
Frankincense Antiwrinkle Cream
Skin-soothing and moisturizing, this frankincense face cream helps reduce the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles.
Aromatherapy Recipes to Treat Colds and Flu
Use aromatherapy sea salt bath, massage oil and steam inhalation recipes to provide cold and flu relief this flu season.