In Aromatherapy with Essential Oil Diffusers: For Everyday Health and Wellness, Karin Parramore dives into the world of essential oils and how to diffuse essential oils to treat numerous health ailments and enhance their environment. Readers will learn to de-stress their home, work space, and even car using natural scents derived directly from plants in no time with this guide. The following excerpt is from Chapter 4, "Improving Your Health with Essential Oils."
Because this type of headache is often the result of a sinus infection, the oils recommended here both open and clear infectious agents from the sinuses. This blend is effective for the pain of sinus congestion from allergies or a cold as well.
- Eucalyptus globulus: 3 drops
- Helichrysum: 1 to 3 drops
- Peppermint: 1 drop
- Ultrasonic diffuser: Diffuse for a few minutes several times a day, especially if infection or heat signs, like redness, accompany your sinus headache. The cool mist ensures you are not compounding the problem by adding heat.
- Shower: Add a few drops of the blend to a damp washcloth and fold the cloth so that the oils will not directly touch your skin. As you shower, alternate gently pressing the cloth to your frontal sinuses and to your forehead.
- Inhalation stick: Use as needed, and use often during the acute phase of congestion.
More from Aromatherapy with Essential Oil Diffusers:
Courtesy of Aromatherapy with Essential Oil Diffusers: For Everyday Health and Wellness by Karin Parramore © 2017 www.robertrose.ca. Available where books are sold.