Photo by Fotolia/nblxer
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated ginger root
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated horseradish root
- 1 medium onion
- 10 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped
- 2 cayenne peppers, chopped
- 1 lemon, chopped
- Several sprigs fresh rosemary (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh turmeric (optional)
- 1 orange, chopped (optional)
- Unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup raw local honey, or to taste
- 1. Combine all of the ingredients except honey and apple cider vinegar, and place in a quart-sized Mason jar.
2. Cover all ingredients with vinegar. Use a piece of natural parchment paper or wax paper under the lid to keep the vinegar from touching the metal, and affix lid. Place in a cool, dark place for 3 to 4 weeks, shaking daily.
3. Strain through cheesecloth. Add 1⁄4 cup of honey and stir until incorporated. Taste and add honey as needed to reach desired sweetness.
Read More:Seasonal Treats with Heart Healthy Herbs
Boost your immune system with this healthy beverage.