Make Your Own Deodorant
My friend Kim, creator of natural wellness products, shared this excellent recipe for her favorite natural deodorant.
• 6 tablespoons coconut oil
• 4 tablespoons shea butter
• 2 tablespoons beeswax
• 2 tablespoons almond oil
• 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
• 3 tablespoons diatomaceous earth (optional)
• 5 drops vitamin E oil
• 50 drops essential oils, such as tea tree, thyme, lavender or rosemary
1. Melt coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax in a small pot over low heat until just melted, stirring constantly.
2. Add almond oil and stir to combine. Remove from heat and add arrowroot and diatomaceous earth, if using. Mix well. Add vitamin E oil and essential oils and stir to combine.
3. Immediately pour into a glass jar or a deodorant tube (found in many health-food and craft stores) and let sit undisturbed until it hardens, about four hours. This deodorant does not need refrigeration. If using a glass jar, you can line it with cheesecloth so it will be easier to remove after it sets.
Check out more body care recipes:
DIY Chest Rub to Relieve Common Cold Symptoms
Soothe cold symptoms naturally with this DIY chest rub. Eucalyptus oil is a great natural decongestant and coconut oil and beeswax benefit the skin.
Guide to Winter Immunity
Fall and winter don’t have to be cold and flu season. Try these natural tips to improve your chances of fighting illness and staying healthy all year long.
Classic Fire Cider Recipe
Activate your immune system with pungent spices and aromatics of Fire Cider recipe to rid your body of unwanted toxins.