My friend Kim, creator of natural wellness products, shared this excellent recipe for her favorite natural deodorant.
• 6 tablespoons coconut oil
• 4 tablespoons shea butter
• 2 tablespoons beeswax
• 2 tablespoons almond oil
• 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
• 3 tablespoons diatomaceous earth (optional)
• 5 drops vitamin E oil
• 50 drops essential oils, such as tea tree, thyme, lavender or rosemary
1. Melt coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax in a small pot over low heat until just melted, stirring constantly.
2. Add almond oil and stir to combine. Remove from heat and add arrowroot and diatomaceous earth, if using. Mix well. Add vitamin E oil and essential oils and stir to combine.
3. Immediately pour into a glass jar or a deodorant tube (found in many health-food and craft stores) and let sit undisturbed until it hardens, about four hours. This deodorant does not need refrigeration. If using a glass jar, you can line it with cheesecloth so it will be easier to remove after it sets.
Check out more body care recipes: