Photo by Getty Images/KatarzynaBialasiewicz
This spread is supportive at every stage of a woman’s life. The herbs are not formulated to stimulate any one hormone, but rather they encourage a balance of progesterone, estrogen, and testosterone; decongest the liver; provide vitamins and minerals; and support the adrenal glands.
Yield: 1 cup.
For powdered herb formula:
- 2 parts dandelion root (Taraxacum officinale) powder
- 1 part nettle (Urtica dioica) powder
- 1 part raspberry leaf (Rubus idaeus) powder
- 1 part vitex (Vitex agnus-castus) powder
- 1 part wild yam root (Dioscorea villosa) powder
- 1/2 part ginger (Zingiber officinale) powder
- 1/2 part licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) powder
For honey spread:
- 5 teaspoons powdered herb formula
- 1 cup raw honey
Stir the powdered herb formula into the raw honey. Store in a cool, dry area, where it will last indefinitely. To use: Enjoy 1 to 3 teaspoons daily.
Excerpted from Sweet Remedies © by Dawn Combs. Used with permission from Storey Publishing.