Balancing Honey Spread Recipe
By Dawn Combs
Photo by Getty Images/KatarzynaBialasiewicz
This spread is supportive at every stage of a woman’s life. The herbs are not formulated to stimulate any one hormone, but rather they encourage a balance of progesterone, estrogen, and testosterone; decongest the liver; provide vitamins and minerals; and support the adrenal glands.
Yield: 1 cup.
For powdered herb formula:
- 2 parts dandelion root (Taraxacum officinale) powder
- 1 part nettle (Urtica dioica) powder
- 1 part raspberry leaf (Rubus idaeus) powder
- 1 part vitex (Vitex agnus-castus) powder
- 1 part wild yam root (Dioscorea villosa) powder
- 1/2 part ginger (Zingiber officinale) powder
- 1/2 part licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) powder
For honey spread:
- 5 teaspoons powdered herb formula
- 1 cup raw honey
Stir the powdered herb formula into the raw honey. Store in a cool, dry area, where it will last indefinitely. To use: Enjoy 1 to 3 teaspoons daily.
Excerpted from Sweet Remedies © by Dawn Combs. Used with permission from Storey Publishing.
The Scary Herbs of Halloween
Get the scoop on the spookiest fruits and herbs of Halloween folklore.
Homemade Ginger Tincture Recipe
Use this recipe to preserve ginger by making an extract you can use in a heart-opening elixir.
Herb to Know: Valerian
Try this soothing herb for sweeter sleep.