This simple jelly only features three ingredients.
• 2 pounds hawthorn berries
2. Place berries in a food processor to coarsely chop, then place in a saucepan. Just cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about an hour, or until berries are soft.
3. Pour everything through a jelly bag or cheesecloth and allow to drip overnight. You may wish to squeeze the jelly bag a bit to add color.
4. Measure drained hawthorn juice into a saucepan. For every cup of juice, add 1 cup of sugar. Bring to a boil and skim off any foam. Stir constantly until syrup coats the back of the spoon. Pour into sterilized jelly jars.
5. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes for shelf storage, or simply keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.