Photo by Fotolia
Chamomile, lemon balm and skullcap create a calming tea blend to ease anxiety.
- 1/4 cup dried chamomile flowers
- 1/4 cup dried linden flowers
- 1/4 cup dried catnip leaves
- 1/4 cup dried lemon balm leaves
- 1/4 cup dried skullcap leaves
- Blend herbs and store in a capped jar away from heat and light.
- Boil 2 cups water. Remove it from the heat and add 2 teaspoons tea blend. Cover and steep for 15 minutes. Strain into a large mug and drink 1 cup 3 or 4 times a day or as needed. Discover more healing teas in Tea Time: 10 Herbal Teas for Health.
Herbalist Christopher Hobbs suggests this blend of herbs for anxiety or insomnia. All the ingredients are classic, good-tasting calmatives. If there is one herb you don’t like, feel free to omit it.