Crock-Pot Lotion Bars One way to prevent and treat insect bites is to make bug-repellent lotion bars. They are simple to make and can be customized to fit your needs.
• 4 ounces beeswax, bars or pellets
• 4 ounces shea butter or cocoa butter
• 4 ounces coconut oil
• Essential oils of choice, try one or a blend, 30 to 40 drops total (try peppermint, cinnamon, basil, lemon eucalyptus, rosemary or catnip)
• Crock-Pot liner
1. Put the liner in your Crock-Pot. This will allow for easy cleanup.
2. Add beeswax, shea or cocoa butter, and coconut oil to Crock-Pot. Turn Crock-Pot on high and let ingredients melt. This should take about an hour.
3. Once ingredients are completely melted, turn Crock-Pot to its lowest heat setting. Add essential oil(s) and stir to combine.
4. Line a muffin pan with paper cupcake liners. Using a ladle, fill each cup half full. Put pan in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden.
5. Keep in a cool place. Use these lotion bars before going outside as a natural bug repellent.
For more summer remedies:
Natural Summer Remedies
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE