Try this Superwoman Dried Flower Bath recipe for a soothing, refreshing bath experience.
Superwoman Dried Flower Bath Recipe
• 2 tablespoons dried chamomile daisies
• 2 tablespoons dried rosebuds
• 2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
• 2 tablespoons dried hops flowers
1. Mix together dried flowers. Store in a clean glass jar or resealable plastic bag.
2. To use: Place the dried flowers in the center of a square of cotton fabric. Secure the ends with a rubber band or bit of cotton string. Place in the bath as you fill your tub and allow the scented flowers to steep in the warm water. Yield: 8 ounces.
Soothing Extra: Prepare a cup of this “tension taming” herbal tea. Mix together one teaspoon finely chopped or minced fresh ginger root, 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped or minced fresh dandelion root, and 1 teaspoon pure honey in one cup boiling water. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes, then strain. This tea is especially soothing when enjoyed as you soak in the bath.
Adapted with permission from Natural Beauty from the Garden: More than 200 Do-It-Yourself Beauty Recipes and Garden Ideas by Janice Cox.
Janice Cox is a longtime gardener and Herb Companion contributor.
Read more about bath recipes using natural ingredients: Herb and Botanical Bath Recipes.