Spring is the perfect time for revitalizing your body-care routines. Try these fresh, easy-to-make herbal recipes to smooth your skin, condition your hair, and rejuvenate your entire body.
A gentle exfoliating hand pack buffs away dead skin cells and leaves the skin soft and smooth.
- 1 teaspoon almonds
- 2 teaspoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon almond oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Grind the almonds and oats in a clean coffee grinder until finely ground.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together and massage onto freshly washed, damp hands.
3. Relax for 15 minutes, then rinse your hands with warm water and apply a moisturizer.
Laurel Vukovic writes and teaches about herbs and natural healing from her home in southern Oregon. She is the author of 14-Day Herbal Cleansing (Prentice Hall, 1998) and Herbal Healing Secrets for Women (Prentice Hall, 2000).
Click here for the main article, “Natural Healing: Springtime Beauty Recipes and Tips.”