Makes 2 ounces
Walnut trees have been cultivated in Europe since Roman times for both culinary and cosmetic uses. The light oil extracted from the walnut contains essential fatty acids important for maintaining beautiful skin and hair. These acids help create a protective layer on the skin and help prevent water loss. Walnut oil is used to treat dry skin and is a key ingredient in many anti-wrinkle and anti-aging products. Use a small amount of this eye cream to protect and nourish the delicate under-eye area. Note: Walnut oil can be found in the cooking oil section of most grocery stores.
- 1 tablespoon grated beeswax
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon rosewater or distilled water
- Mix together beeswax and oils in a small container or saucepan and heat gently until the wax is melted. Stir well and slowly stir in the rosewater.
- Allow the mixture to cool and continue to stir so that the oil and water mixtures remain mixed. Spoon the cream into a small container.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home (Henry Holt, 2002). For more recipes and ideas, visit her website at www.JaniceCox.com.