By Janice Cox
Greek honey made from thyme flowers is some of the best in the world—it is known for having a mild taste and high nutritional value. Use these nutrient-rich ingredients to make this homemade facial cleanser. Greek honey can be found in the honey section of your grocery store. MAKES 5 OUNCES
• 1/4 cup pure thyme honey or plain honey
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
• 2 tablespoons liquid castile soap
1. Gently stir all ingredients together. Pour cleanser into a clean container.
2. To use: Pour a small amount in the palm of your hand, then massage it gently into your skin. You also can use as a simple shampoo for your hair. Rinse thoroughly with warm water, then pat dry.
Janice Cox is the co-author, with her daughter, Lauren Cox, of EcoBeauty (Ten Speed Press, 2009).
Click here for the main article, Easy Mediterranean Spa Treatments.
5 Tips for Creating the Perfect Fall Skincare Routine
Nestled between summer and winter, the autumn weather represents a happy medium between the two seasons which provides a subtle indication of what is needed for your skin during the fall months. It is imperative for the skin to be properly hydrated and receive adequate sun protection during the fall season.
Natural Hair Care Tips for All Hair Types and Textures
There are many different hair types, textures and requirements, there are tips and tricks that all hair types and textures can benefit from. Here are a few tips and tricks that can work for all hair types.
How to Boost your Skin’s Brightness with Vitamin C
Vitamin C can be highly effective for helping to even and tone the skin, diminish the look of age, sun and dark spots and help to give skin an overall healthy, youthful glow.