Body & Soul: Happy Feet Massage Oil
This formula is ideal for foot care. Sage can help stop perspiration and fight infections, including athlete’s foot. Spearmint increases circulation and relieves tired feet. Calendula soothes irritated skin, birch relieves soreness and both herbs soften rough, callused skin. The beeswax thickens the massage oil slightly so it’s easier to use and less messy to rub on feet.
- 1/4 cup chopped sage leaves
- 1/4 cup calendula flower petals
- 3 tablespoons chopped spearmint leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- Up to 16 drops birch essential oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon shaved beeswax
- Place herbs in a jar and cover completely with oil. Stir, close the jar and keep warm for a couple of days.
- Strain out the herbs. Place the oil in a pan on the stove, add the birch essential oil (if desired) and the beeswax. Heat gently until the beeswax has melted. Stir to blend.
- Pour the oil into a pretty bottle and store in a cool place.
Kathi Keville is director of the American Herb Association and author of 12 books, including Aromatherapy for Dummies (IDG, 1999) and Herbs: An Illustrated Encyclopedia (Friedman/Fairfax Publishing, 1999).
Click here for the original article, Body & Soul: Recipe for Relaxation.
Natural Hair Care Tips for All Hair Types and Textures
There are many different hair types, textures and requirements, there are tips and tricks that all hair types and textures can benefit from. Here are a few tips and tricks that can work for all hair types.
How to Boost your Skin’s Brightness with Vitamin C
Vitamin C can be highly effective for helping to even and tone the skin, diminish the look of age, sun and dark spots and help to give skin an overall healthy, youthful glow.
How to Treat and Prevent ‘Maskne’
The new normal of frequently wearing masks can unfortunately, come with acne. When skin is often covered, it can break out along the jawline, chin, cheeks, nose, and mouth, a pattern that many have been referring to as “maskne” or mask acne.