Make your own sugar scrub using a few simple ingredients to create a spa at home.
To make a sugar scrub, I use whatever plant oils I have on hand and two different-sized sugar crystals. You can use your intended scrub container to measure the sugar instead of using a measuring cup; fill it halfway with one type of sugar, top it off with the second type, then pour the mixture into the bowl. Any jar or container with a lid from around the house works just fine, as long as it is clean and dry.
• 1 cup turbinado sugar
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 cup avocado, almond or jojoba oil
• 20 drops eucalyptus essential oil (optional)
• 10 drops lavender essential oil (optional)
• Dried lavender buds (optional)
1. Combine sugar and your choice of oil in a mixing bowl. Stir until the texture is consistent.
2. Add essential oil and lavender buds, if you choose. Then transfer mixture to a clean container and secure the lid.
3. To use: While in the shower, rub the scrub over your body to exfoliate dead skin cells, concentrating on rough skin patches such as elbows and knees, then rinse.
For more simple and affordable DIY beauty recipes, read 6 Basic Homemade Beauty Products.