Ancient Memories of Perfume: Khyphi
An ancient, simmering potpourri.
- 1 ounce sweet flag root
- 1 ounce cloves
- 1 ounce mastic
- 1 ounce cassia bark
- 1 ounce cinnamon bark
- 1 ounce peppermint leaves
- 1 ounce red cedar shavings
- 1 ounce gold mimosa flowers
- 1 ounce henna leaves
- 1 ounce cut orris root
- 1 ounce balm-of-Gilead buds
- 1 ounce myrrh gum
- Oil of rosewood
1. Chop the dry ingredients into small pieces, mix well, and add oil of rosewood drop by drop until the desired intensity of fragrance is obtained.
2. Place about 1 tablespoon of the mixture in 1/2 cup of water and heat over a candle flame in a simmering potpourri container of sturdy pottery or metal (or simmer in a pan on the stove).
Click here for the original article, Ancient Memories of Perfume.
Natural Hair Care Tips for All Hair Types and Textures
There are many different hair types, textures and requirements, there are tips and tricks that all hair types and textures can benefit from. Here are a few tips and tricks that can work for all hair types.
How to Boost your Skin’s Brightness with Vitamin C
Vitamin C can be highly effective for helping to even and tone the skin, diminish the look of age, sun and dark spots and help to give skin an overall healthy, youthful glow.
How to Treat and Prevent ‘Maskne’
The new normal of frequently wearing masks can unfortunately, come with acne. When skin is often covered, it can break out along the jawline, chin, cheeks, nose, and mouth, a pattern that many have been referring to as “maskne” or mask acne.