Spring Rain Solid Perfume
MAKES ABOUT 1 1/2 OUNCES
Solid perfume is simple to make, travels well, and has great staying power when worn. It looks similar to lip balm and can be stored in a metal lip balm canister, a recycled pillbox, or a small jar. Just be sure not to accidentally use it on your lips.
• 15 drops lavender essential oil
• 8 drops oakmoss essential oil
• 5 drops neroli essential oil
• 4 drops rosemary essential oil
• 2 tablespoons jojoba or sweet almond oil
• 2 tablespoons grated beeswax or beeswax beads
1. In a small double boiler, heat all oils together until just warm.
2. Stir well until completely blended.
3. Stir in beeswax.
4. Continue to stir until completely melted.
5. Pour into small glass, metal, or plastic containers.
6. Let perfume cool completely.
7. To use, rub finger over surface of perfume and then onto your pulse points or wherever you like to wear your fragrance.
Lavender Variation: Use 25 drops of lavender essential oil instead of the others. The resulting perfume is very relaxing and especially soothing if you have a headache.
Click here for the main article, Capture Plant Essences From the Garden For Long-Lasting Enjoyment.
Theresa Loe tends an herbal cottage garden in southern California with her husband and two young children. She is the author of The Herbal Home Companion (Kensington Publishing, 1996).