Could-Do Calendar July 2019
1. Consider adding umbrellas and leafy plants to your garden to create an enticing spot to sit in the shade.
2. Bird-watching is a unique way to get outside and focus on a new piece of nature.
Photo by Getty Images/bhofack2
3. July 1 is Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day. Whip up an imaginative batch, or host an inspired sundae party!
4. There’s little better than gathering on July 4 for grilled food and a firework show.
Photo by Getty Images/Mikolette
5. Enhance your home’s natural light by cleaning windows with a spray of 2 parts water, 1 part white vinegar.
6. When you deadhead flowers, save the blooms for homemade flower arrangements.
7. The International Day of Friendship on July 30 is a time to reach out and seek connection with other cultures and countries.
Elderberry vs Poke Berry Identification
Learn to distinguish elderberry (Sambucus canadensis, s.nigra) from poisonous pokeberry.
Harvest Like a Pro
Make the most of these summer garden favorites with expert tips for harvesting, storing and preserving.
The Effects of Nature on Mental and Physical Health
Science is proving that time spent outdoors can have a calming, rejuvenating effect on your mental and physical health.