Could-Do Calendar August 2019
1. Encourage manufacturers to use sensible, eco-friendly wrapping on August 7, Particularly Preposterous Packaging Day.
2. Beat the heat by visiting the pool, splashing in a stream, or taking a trip to a lake or coastline.
Photo by Getty Images/Halfpoint
3. Flip through photos of your summer adventures, and print your favorites for a scrapbook.
4. Boil, drain, and puree 10 rose hips, and mix with 2 tablespoons plain yogurt for a refreshing summer face mask.
5. August 18 is Bad Poetry Day. Write without fear of failure!
Photo by Getty Images/merc67
6. Celebrate your garden toils and take to the kitchen for August 29: More Herbs, Less Salt Day.
7. Is your harvest too plentiful? Share fresh produce with family, neighbors, and local food pantries.
Elderberry vs Poke Berry Identification
Learn to distinguish elderberry (Sambucus canadensis, s.nigra) from poisonous pokeberry.
Harvest Like a Pro
Make the most of these summer garden favorites with expert tips for harvesting, storing and preserving.
The Effects of Nature on Mental and Physical Health
Science is proving that time spent outdoors can have a calming, rejuvenating effect on your mental and physical health.