A warm soup with garden ingredients will be a welcome treat next winter.
A warm soup with garden ingredients will be a welcome treat next winter. For more freezable tomato and basil recipes, read the original article, Endless Summer: 3 Recipes for Tomatoes and Basil to Freeze for Later.
• 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
• 4 cups Roasted Tomato Sauce
• 1 quart chicken or vegetable stock
• 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cleaned and julienned
• 1 cup half-and-half
• 1 cup Freezer Pesto
1. Place freezer bag with tomato sauce in a pan of hot water to thaw.
2. When mostly liquid, put it and the stock in a saucepan and heat to boiling.
3. Stir in basil strips (reserving a handful for garnish) and bring soup back to a boil.
4. Add half-and-half and continue heating until soup reaches serving temperature.
5. Ladle soup into bowls and mound 2 tablespoons of pesto in the center. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan and julienned basil. Serves 4.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE