Superfood Brownies Made with Moringa
6 to 9 servings
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour, or all-purpose wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon moringa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flaxseeds with 5 tablespoons water and set aside.
- In a mixer, cream coconut oil, maple syrup, and sugar until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Pour batter into an 8-by-8-inch baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spreading evenly. Bake for 22 minutes, or until the edges begin to crack and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving. For more about this superfood, see: Meet Moringa.
Packed with taste to make a healthful but still decadent treat, these moringa brownies are a delicious way to get moringa into even the pickiest eater’s diet. Plus the short baking time ensures that the superfood’s plentiful nutrients are left intact.