Packed with taste to make a healthful but still decadent treat, these moringa brownies are a delicious way to get moringa into even the pickiest eater’s diet. Plus the short baking time ensures that the superfood’s plentiful nutrients are left intact.
• 2 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
• 1/2 cup coconut oil
• 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar or raw sugar
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour, or all-purpose wheat flour
• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 tablespoon moringa powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl, combine the ground flaxseeds with 5 tablespoons water and set aside.
3. In a mixer, cream coconut oil, maple syrup, and sugar until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well-combined.
4. Pour batter into an 8-by-8-inch baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spreading evenly. Bake for 22 minutes, or until the edges begin to crack and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving.
For more about this superfood, see: Meet Moringa.