Rooibos, with its earthy, nutty, grassy, almost smoky notes, is gloriously high in antioxidants. While a cup of rooibos on its own is all well and good, you can also jazz it up. The flavors in this mocktail seem to compete in the mouth, creating a real depth of taste. Enjoy it during or after your Dry January experience.
- 4 ounces strong rooibos tea, cooled
- 2 ounces freshly pressed pomegranate juice
- Dash of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a shaker, and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a glass, garnish with pomegranate seeds, and serve.
Learn more about Dry January, a month-long, international endeavor to promote a healthy self for the new year, and tips on how to get the most out of your experience.
Recipe from Mocktails: The Complete Bartender’s Guide. Text copyright © 2012 Penn Publishing, Inc. Photography copyright © 2012 Charlesbridge Publishing. An Imagine Book. Used with permission by Charlesbridge.