Loaded with fresh, in-season fruits, this plant-based parfait is the perfect summer treat to help lower your impact on Mother Earth.
Sponsored by Coconut Bliss
Photo by Adobe Stock/Fahrwasser..
Summer often tantalizes the senses with smells of freshly cut grass, visions of poolside lounging, sounds of ice cubes clinking in a glass, and the mouthwatering bounty of the season’s fresh fruits and vegetables. As you find yourself enjoying the warmer weather, keep in mind that the planet is heating up too. As a consumer, it is never too late to make choices that will minimize your impact on Mother Earth.
Being mindful of your purchases and consumption is one way you can have a direct positive impact on the issue of climate change. When it comes to shopping, plant-based and organic foods are a worthy consideration. According to the 2006 United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization report, the meat, dairy, and egg industries contribute 65 percent of global nitrous oxide emissions, a greenhouse gas almost 300 times as potent as carbon dioxide. So, by simply increasing your organic, plant-based food consumption as a percentage of your diet, you are doing our home, the Earth, a favor.
You may be doing your body a favor as well. Studies show that eating foods with antioxidants, enriching vitamins, and plant-based fats may lessen the effects of aging. While the summer’s bounty makes it easy to fill up on fresh vegetables and fruits turn to healthful ingredients, such as organic chia seeds and frozen or dried blueberries, during other times of the year as well.
When purchasing plant-based foods, it’s especially important to purchase those that have been certified organic. Many crops, such as berries, are managed using conventional methods and have high concentrations of synthetic pesticide residues. Eating organic plant-based foods might just be the easiest step toward making sure you feel your best year-round, while simultaneously improving the health of our planet.
This Blissful Chia Pudding Parfait is one of our favorite recipes!
Photo courtesy Coconut Bliss.
• 1 mason jar
• 1 pint Coconut Bliss Vanilla Island
• 1/2 cup of water
• 1/4 cup chia seeds
1. Soften 1 pint of Coconut Bliss Vanilla Island.
2. Mix 3/4 cup softened Coconut Bliss Vanilla Island with 1/2 cup of water.
3. Add 1/4 cup chia seeds.
4. Thoroughly combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 2-1/2 hours or overnight.
• Blissful Chia Pudding
• Fruit preserves
• Fresh blueberries
• Mint leaf
1. Spoon a small amount of fruit preserves into the bottom of a glass.
2. Add a generous layer of Blissful Chia Pudding.
3. Add a layer of fresh blueberries.
4. Place strawberries sliced vertically around inside of glass.
5. Add 3 scoops of your favorite flavor of Coconut Bliss.
6. Sprinkle top with granola.
7. Garnish with mint leaf.