Adapted from the Sarah Gory’s blog, Highgate Hill Kitchen, this simple recipe uses caraway outside of its more traditional place in breads. It showcases how easy it can be to enhance simple vegetable dishes with the flavors of new spices. Find more recipes for healthful, whole foods-based meals on her blog.
Roasted Cauliflower and Caraway Seeds Recipe
• 1/2 large cauliflower, chopped into florets
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 1-1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
• 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
• 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
• Sea salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine cauliflower with olive oil, lemon zest and caraway seeds, then stir to combine, ensuring cauliflower gets coated in oil and seeds.
3. Spread in a single layer on a baking dish and roast until cauliflower is browned, about 40 minutes.
4. Remove cauliflower from oven, then toss with parsley, cranberries and salt. Serve immediately. Serves 2 as a main dish; 4 as a side.Find more healthful recipes in Healing Herbs and Spices in the Kitchen.