Lime & Cilantro Corn Recipe
Prep time: 15 mins.
Cook time: 10 mins.
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 small bunches of fresh cilantro, leaves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus extra for frying (optional)
- 5 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 4 fresh ears of corn, shucked and silks removed
- freshly ground black pepper
Chantal loves cooking this on the barbecue with her kids in the summer.
- Mix together the lime zest, cilantro, oil, scallions, garlic, salt, and some pepper in a large shallow dish. Add the corn and massage the mixture into each cob. Remove from the marinade, reserving the marinade in the dish.
- Barbecue the corn on a grill rack over white-hot coals, turning regularly, for 5–10 minutes, until cooked on all sides. Alternatively, heat a splash of oil in a large skillet over high heat, add the cobs, and cook for 8–10 minutes, turning often until cooked all over.
- Add the lime juice to the reserved marinade, then add the cooked corn and spoon it over. Serve immediately.
More from LEON Fast Vegan:
- Celeriac Hash Browns with Wild Mushrooms Recipe
- Falafel & Hummus with Parsley Salad Recipe
- Plant-Based Switches & Swaps
Cover courtesy of Octopus Books
Excerpted with permission from LEON Fast Vegan by Rebecca Seal, Chantal Symons, & John Vincent. Published by Octopus Books.
Monitor your histamine intake with these simple, healthy dishes that pack plenty of palate-pleasing flavor.
Delicious and Easy Frybread Tacos Recipe
Learn about the origins of frybread and follow this recipe to make fresh, homemade frybread tacos, sometimes known as Navajo tacos.
Spicy Chai Tea Recipe
Activate your internal fire with the pungent spices and aromatics of this chai tea to rid your body of unwanted toxins.