Prep time: 15 mins.
Cook time: 10 mins.
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 small bunches of fresh cilantro, leaves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus extra for frying (optional)
- 5 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 4 fresh ears of corn, shucked and silks removed
- freshly ground black pepper
Chantal loves cooking this on the barbecue with her kids in the summer.
- Mix together the lime zest, cilantro, oil, scallions, garlic, salt, and some pepper in a large shallow dish. Add the corn and massage the mixture into each cob. Remove from the marinade, reserving the marinade in the dish.
- Barbecue the corn on a grill rack over white-hot coals, turning regularly, for 5–10 minutes, until cooked on all sides. Alternatively, heat a splash of oil in a large skillet over high heat, add the cobs, and cook for 8–10 minutes, turning often until cooked all over.
- Add the lime juice to the reserved marinade, then add the cooked corn and spoon it over. Serve immediately.
More from LEON Fast Vegan:
- Celeriac Hash Browns with Wild Mushrooms Recipe
- Falafel & Hummus with Parsley Salad Recipe
- Plant-Based Switches & Swaps
Cover courtesy of Octopus Books
Excerpted with permission from LEON Fast Vegan by Rebecca Seal, Chantal Symons, & John Vincent. Published by Octopus Books.