In Raw Energy in a Glass (Storey Publishing, 2014), Stephanie Tourles offers readers ways to easily add more wholesome goodness to their diet, using raw and vegan ingredients for drinks that rejuvenate, energize and support digestive health. This Day-Glow Antioxidant Fusion Recipe is from the section “Longevity Elixirs.”
You can purchase this book from the Mother Earth Living store: Raw Energy in a Glass
Like sunshine on a cloudy day, this glorious golden-orange, tropical smoothie is a supreme source of youthifying enzymes, antioxidants, and vitamin C. Great as a refreshing morning beverage or afternoon pick-me-up. It boosts your immune system, helps keep colds and flu at bay, and helps combat visible signs of aging.
Day-Glow Antioxidant Fusion Recipe
• Juice of 3 oranges, tangerines, or tangelos
• 1 medium papaya, seeded, flesh scooped out
• 1 cup fresh super-ripe pineapple, cut into small pieces
• 1 cup fresh or frozen mango, pitted, cut into chunks
• 1 teaspoon natural vanilla flavoring
1. Put the orange juice, papaya, pineapple, mango, and vanilla in a blender and puree until smooth and frothy, about 30 seconds.
2. Serve in glasses or insulated mugs. This tropical smoothie is rich in natural sugars and fiber, so drink very slowly and “chew” each sip so that it digests with ease.
A good source of: antioxidants, papain and bromelain enzymes, vitamins C and K, folic acid, magnesium, calcium, manganese, potassium, natural sugars, and fiber
Stay rejuvenated and energized with wholesome drinks from Raw Energy in a Glass with a Mellow Yellow Protein Shake.