1 / 2
Who says soup is just for cold weather? This cream of cucumber dish caters to the soup lover while keeping your home cool.
Photo by Alexa Gray
2 / 2
The cream of cucumber soup features crisp, cool cucumbers, which you can grow in your garden or purchase from a farmers market.
Photo by Getty Images/TommL
4 servings SERVINGS
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 large, ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 3 cups unsweetened cashew milk
- 3 tablespoons cold-pressed organic olive oil
- 1/4 small shallot, finely diced
- 3 dates, pitted
- Truffle oil for topping (optional)
- In a bowl, combine one of the chopped cucumbers with half of the lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt. Toss to combine and set aside.
- In your high-speed blender, puree the second cucumber with the remaining lemon juice, sea salt, avocado, cashew milk, olive oil, shallot, and dates. Pour the creamy mixture into a serving bowl, and then garnish with the reserved cucumber and a drizzle of truffle oil.
More on no-cook summer meals:• Just Chill: Satisfying, No-Cook Summer Meals • Raw Brownie Truffles with Pistachio Dust Recipe • Smashed White Bean Salad Sandwiches Recipe
Excerpted with permission from Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips for a Healthy Life by Summer Sanders, published by Skyhorse Publishing, 2018.
Savory yet refreshing, this no-cook cucumber soup recipe is perfect for summertime. The blend of cashew milk, cucumbers, and other fresh ingredients is reminiscent of traditional, cream-based soups.