Add nutrition to this already healthful dip with moringa, a potent superfood. Use a food processor to eliminate most of the chopping and cut back on the time needed to complete this dish.
• 1 clove garlic, peeled
• 1/4 small, mild onion, skins removed
• 1/2 jalapeño, seeded
• 1 small tomato
• 2 avocados
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1/2 teaspoon moringa powder
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Place the garlic, onion, and jalapeño in a food processor and blend until finely chopped, pushing down the sides with a spatula as needed.
2. Cut the tomato in quarters and gently squeeze out some of the juice. Add the tomato wedges to the food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Scoop the tomato-garlic mixture into a small to medium-sized bowl.
3. Remove the pits from the avocados and scoop out the flesh into the tomato-garlic mixture. Add the lime juice, moringa powder, and sea salt, and mash together with a fork or potato masher until combined but still chunky. Serve immediately with chips, crackers, or vegetable sticks.
For more about this superfood, see: Meet Moringa.