This Gorgonzola-Chive Butter recipe is a hit on grilled steak or stuffed inside hamburgers.
Spread this mild and sweet Gorgonzola-Chive Butter on beef or use it as a rich sauce for gnocchi. This Gorgonzola-Chive Butter recipe is excerpted from Flavored Butters (The Harvard Common Press, 2013), a guide that features sweet and savory butter recipes as well as techniques for making delicious homemade flavored butters.
I use Gorgonzola dolce—which is a mild, sweet variety of blue cheese—in this recipe, because it’s creamy and blends almost, but not completely, into the butter. However, any type of blue cheese will do.
Top a grilled or seared steak with a generous pat of this butter for a meal worthy of the best steak house. Blue cheese lovers will also enjoy this butter stuffed inside hamburger patties or as a sauce for gnocchi.
• 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
• 4 ounces Gorgonzola dolce, crumbled (about 2/3 cup lightly packed)
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
• 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
1. Blend together the butter, Gorgonzola, chives and salt in a medium-size bowl.
2. Form into a log and refrigerate until firm before slicing and serving, or use another shaping method (see 3 Delectable Compound Butter Recipes). Gorgonzola-Chive Butter serves 8.
For more from Flavored Butters, check out the article 3 Delectable Compound Butter Recipes.
“Gorgonzola-Chive Butter Recipe” has been reprinted with permission from Flavored Butters: How to Make Them, Shape Them and Use Them as Spreads, Toppings and Sauces by Lucy Vaserfirer and published by The Harvard Common Press, 2013.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE