Making Love Potions, by Stephanie Tourles (Storey Publishing, 2016) playfully presents 64 easy recipes for natural body oils, balms, tonics, bath blends, and sweet treats to share with your special someone. Most recipes use simple, common ingredients, making them both easy and quick to prepare. This recipe for fudge includes blueberries.
You can purchase this book from the Mother Earth Living store: Making Love Potions
Experience raw candy decadence at its finest! If you’re familiar with the taste of Mexican chocolate, then you know it can have a pungent bite. This unique fudge has plenty of tongue-tantalizing flavors and textures: bitter and sweet, hot and rich, smooth and chewy, melt-in-your-mouth gooey! With regular consumption of this luscious, nutrient-packed confection, you’ll see an increase in outer glow and feel a surge of inner vitality. It’s a must-have sweet treat for date night!
• 1/2 cup raw, unrefined coconut oil
• 1 cup dried blueberries, sweetened with apple juice or unsweetened
• 1 cup raw cocoa (cacao) powder or natural unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/2 cup almond butter, raw or roasted
• 2 tablespoons raw honey or agave nectar
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. If the coconut oil is solid, set the jar in a pan of very hot water or in a warm, sunny window to liquefy. Combine the coconut oil, blueberries, cocoa, almond butter, honey, chili powder, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt in a large bowl and stir to blend until a stiff ball forms. There will be small lumps of blueberries.
2. Coat the bottom of an 8-inch square pan with coconut oil or line with waxed paper. Spread the fudge mixture in the pan to an approximate depth of 1 inch. Cover and freeze for 1 hour, until very firm. Then remove from the freezer and let the mixture soften slightly for about 20 minutes. Cut the fudge into 1 1/2-inch squares.
3. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 months or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Do not allow the fudge to sit at room temperature for too long or it will melt.
More From Making Love Potions:
Excerpted from Making Love Potions, © by Stephanie L. Tourles, used with permission from Storey Publishing. Buy this book from the Mother Earth Living store: Making Love Potions