Who doesn’t enjoy a nice latte as a pick-me-up or treat now and then? Skip the caffeine, and get a boost from rhodiola and rooibos instead! Rhodiola can help reduce cortisol levels and increase brain chemicals, such as dopamine, while rooibos is rich in minerals and antioxidants. Together, they’ll give you a nutritious latte with a little extra love for your emotional well-being.
• 2 teaspoon dried rhodiola root
• 6 ounces water
• 8 ounces milk of your choice
• 2 rooibos tea bags
• Sweetener of your choice: honey, maple syrup, or sugar
1. Roots need a little longer to brew to make a good tea, so begin by placing the rhodiola into a small saucepan with the 6 ounces of water. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer with the lid on.
2. Once the rhodiola has brewed for 20 minutes, add the other ingredients. Stir in the milk of your choice, and add the rooibos tea bags.
3. Allow the rooibos tea bags to steep for an additional 5 minutes, and then strain the latte through a mesh strainer into your favorite mug.
4. Add your sweetener to taste, and enjoy!
For more about Adaptogens, see: All About Adaptogens.
This recipe is excerpted from Agatha Noveille’s book Adaptogens (Adams Media, 2016).