Energizing Granola Bites Recipe
- 3 teaspoon eleuthero powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup nut butter
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup ground flax or hemp seed
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend together the powdered herb, honey, and nut butter in a large mixing bowl until everything forms a homogenous paste.
- Add the oats, cranberries, almonds, and flax or hemp seed to the bowl with the nut butter paste. With clean hands, knead everything together.
- Divide the mixture into 24 evenly sized dollops on a baking sheet, and then roll each dollop between the palms of your hands to create a neat ball.
- Store the granola bites in the fridge, where they’ll be good for 2 weeks. If you’d like to make them ahead for longer storage, opt for the freezer instead and try to use within a month so they don’t acquire that freezer-burn taste.
For more about Adaptogens, see: All About Adaptogens.
This recipe is excerpted from Agatha Noveille’s book Adaptogens (Adams Media, 2016).
Granola bites are delicious, endlessly customizable, and portable. Pack in healthy nuts, seeds, and the right adaptogens and you’ll be good to go.