Delicious, unique recipes offer the flavor and health benefits of Allium sativum.
Karen’s Spinach Salad with Garlic Dressing
This is from my Kansas City friend Karen who says that, even though her husband Gary doesn’t eat spinach, she keeps this dressing in the fridge to serve on a variety of fruits.
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- Chopped walnuts
- Water chestnuts, optional
- Onion, optional
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- Clean and slice strawberries; wash spinach well and tear into bite-sized pieces. Arrange walnuts and sliced water chestnut or onion on spinach and strawberries.
- Combine all dressing ingredients, except oil, in blender. (Dressing ingredients will emulsify best if mixed in a blender but also can be shaken.) Slowly add oil.