- 200 g (about 1-2/3 cups) food-grade cacao butter, chopped
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup maple sugar or pure maple or agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare your silicone chocolate molds or silicone mini muffin tins by placing them on a small, flat cookie sheet that will easily fit into your freezer.
- In the top of a double boiler, melt the cacao butter over medium-low heat until completely liquefied.
- Once melted, gradually stir in the peanut butter, vanilla extract, maple sugar, and salt and stir, using a whisk, until totally blended and liquid.
- Pour into your choice of molds. Place on a flat surface in the freezer and freeze until solid, about 30 minutes. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Per Serving:30 servings Per serving: 91 calories 7.7 g fat 59 mg sodium 65 mg potassium 4.6 g carbohydrates 2.1 g protein
More from Naturally Lean:• New Healthy Alternatives for Old Habits • Healthy Delicious Spinach Artichoke Dip • Sweet Grape Asparagus Salad on a Bed of Collard Ribbons
Excerpted from Naturally Lean: 125 Nourishing Gluten-Free, Plant-Based Recipes — All Under 300 Calories, by Allyson Kramer. Copyright © 2016. Available from Da Capo Lifelong Books, an imprint of Perseus Books, LLC, a subsidiary of Hachette Book Group, Inc.
Naturally Lean: (Da Capo, 2016), by Allyson Kramer proves that low-calorie doesn’t have to mean low satisfaction; these gluten-free, plant based recipes are high in nutrients, have less than 300 calories per serving — and they taste amazing. There are no fillers, no added or refined sugars, and no processed ingredients you can’t pronounce. This excerpt is from Chapter 4, “Nuts and Seeds.”
Totally peanut buttery and pretty addictive, these fudgy bites taste similar to the peanut butter fudge my mother used to make when I was a kid — except this fudge has no refined sugar or condensed milk for sweetening; instead, maple sugar is used. The key to these is to make sure that all the ingredients are well mixed before pouring into the molds, to ensure silky-smooth fudge that will keep you going back for more.