Vegetarian Holiday Fare: Mulled Holiday Cider
Makes 1 1/4 quarts
This sweet and spicy punch is a healthful nonalcoholic beverage that will complement any holiday meal.
• 32-ounce bottle apple juice
• 10 leaves pineapple sage
• 15 leaves lemon verbena
• 1/8 teaspoon aniseed, ground
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1 cinnamon stick for the recipe and
• 1 for each guest
• 1/2 cup canned (unsweetened) or fresh pineapple
• 1/2 cup peeled, diced pears
1. In a noncorrodible pot, bring apple juice to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 30 minutes, or longer for stronger flavor.
2. Remove the cinnamon stick, fruit, and herb leaves.
3. Serve with a cinnamon stick in each mug.
Recipe courtesy Karen Iacobbo.
Click here for the main article, Vegetarian Holiday Fare.
Shake Up Your Holidays with Herbal Cocktails
Create holiday buzz about your secret ingredients with chef David Burns’ uncommon libations.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.