The combination of raspberry and cardamom is pure heaven. MAKES ABOUT 1 CUP
• 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
• 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
• 1?2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 2 to 3 tablespoons apple juice concentrate, thawed
• 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
• 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 to 2 crushed cardamom pods (optional)
1. Rinse raspberries. If using frozen, completely thaw before making jam.
2. Combine raspberries, ground cardamom, ginger, apple juice concentrate, honey, lemon juice and cardamom pods, if desired, in large nonstick skillet.
3. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly and mashing berries with the back of a spoon, 5 to 15 minutes, or until mixture reaches the consistency of jam. Remove cardamom pods, if using.
4. Refrigerate jam in a bowl for about 1 hour until chilled. Taste and make corrections, if needed.
A healthy-living writer and photographer, Letitia L. Star has written more than 1,000 published articles, including many on herbs and gardening.
Click here for the main article, Making Homemade Jams in a Jiffy.