Try this minty fruit punch for an afternoon tea, a special occasion or when you need a refreshing break from working in the garden.
- 16 fresh peppermint leaves, or 2 tablespoons dried
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons honey
- If fresh mint leaves are not available, pour 1 cup boiling water over the dried peppermint and steep 5 minutes. Strain and use the resulting tea instead of plain water.
- Place the water (or cooled mint infusion), pineapple juice, and strawberries in a blender and puree. Add the mint leaves (if using), cantaloupe, and honey and blend until smooth. Chill well.
–Tina Bradley, Keene, New Hampshire