Makes about 3 cups
This is a variation on the classic egg-based sweet-hot mustard that everyone seems to love.
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup cold apple cider
- ½ cup cold apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Beat eggs in a large, non-aluminum saucepan. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool and transfer to jars with tight-fitting lids. Store in the refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from the Mount Horeb Mustard Museum’s booklet, The Culinary Mustard.
Click here for the original article, The Magic of Mustard.