This delicate dressing beautifully complements a fresh spring greens salad or other nutritious vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, kale or mustard greens. Bragg Liquid Aminos, available at health-food stores, is a low-sodium alternative to soy sauce. MAKES 1 CUP
• 1 cup hot water
• 1?3 cup dried shiitake mushrooms
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
• 1 to 2 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
• 1?4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1?4 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1?4 teaspoon ground mustard
• 1?4 teaspoon mustard seed
1. Pour hot water over mushrooms in a small bowl. Soak for 30 minutes or according to package directions.
2. Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon, reserving mushroom liquid for dressing. Mince mushrooms.
3. Whisk vinegar, oil and Liquid Aminos into mushroom water. Whisk in mushrooms, garlic and remaining ingredients.
4. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 5 days.
Letitia L. Star is a healthy living writer who frequently writes about cooking and growing herbs.
Click here for the main article, Fight Aging With Every Meal.