Tender salad greens, cucumbers, diced spring onions and a few toasted peanuts or cashews make a very tasty salad. Ginger Dressing also is a great dipping sauce for vegetables or try it on fruit salad that includes tart apples, grapes, mangoes and pineapple. MAKES ABOUT 1 1/4 CUPS
• 4 or 5 spring onions, diced
• 1/2 cup peanut oil
• 1/3 cup rice vinegar
• 3 tablespoons water
• 2 tablespoons gingerroot, peeled and diced
• 2 tablespoons celery, diced (about 1/2 stalk)
• 2 tablespoons ketchup
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 garlic clove
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine ingredients in a blender and process until mixed.
2. Chill until ready to serve.
Jim Long is the author of The Best Dressed Salad (Long Creek Herbs, 2006). Contact Jim via our website,www.herbcompanion.com/contributors.
Click here for the original article, Dress for Success: Salad Dressing Recipes.