Makes 2/3 cup
You can substitute lemon juice for part of the vinegar and stir in chopped fresh herbs.
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or to taste
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 2 to 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1 large garlic clove, crushed or finely minced 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
1. Dissolve the salt in the vinegar. With a fork, stir in the olive oil, mustard, garlic, and pepper. Adjust the seasoning with more vinegar, mustard, salt, or pepper. Serve at room temperature.
2. The dressing keeps, covered and chilled, for 4 days. Stir before using.
Click here for the original article, Herb to Know: The Mustard Seed.