Kitchen Table: Sage Cheese
Makes 1 1/2 cups
This cheese makes a great sandwich spread or cracker topper. For a dip, add a little milk or extra wine.
• 1 cup ricotta cheese
• 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
• 1 tablespoon white wine
• 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage, or 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh savory, or 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
• 1 teaspoon tamari
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
• Fresh herbs or chopped chives for garnish
1. Stir all the ingredients together vigorously until thoroughly blended. Scrape into a serving bowl and smooth the top. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
2. Garnish with fresh herbs or chopped chives.
Jennifer Stein Barker, Canyon City, Oregon
Shake Up Your Holidays with Herbal Cocktails
Create holiday buzz about your secret ingredients with chef David Burns’ uncommon libations.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.