Kitchen Table: Chamomile Tea Cookies
Makes 5 dozen small cookies
• 1/4 cup dried chamomile flowers
• 1/2 cup softened butter
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 3/4 cups flour
1. Carefully chop the chamomile blossoms and set aside. Cream the butter and sugar, then beat in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour and chamomile.
2. Drop by scant teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
3. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
–Elizabeth Groff, Haines Falls, New York
Shake Up Your Holidays with Herbal Cocktails
Create holiday buzz about your secret ingredients with chef David Burns’ uncommon libations.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.